Sunday 17 December 2017

Christmas cards

All my Christmas cards have been printed and posted, so I can now reveal how they were made.

Using white gesso, I printed my image onto Frisk Black Pad  paper.  As I intended to cut round the figures I didn't bother to clear away all the excess lino (particularly round the heads).  Once dry, the prints were randomly coloured with acrylic inks, plus a bit of gold splatter.  More detail was added with gold and silver gel pens before the images were cut out and glued to A6 card blanks.  A computer printed insert included the seasonal greeting and our address.

I produced about 24 hand-printed cards, but still needed a few more.  As time was getting on, I finished off with a computer printed version to which I added the gold and silver gel pen details for a bit of sparkle.



Lino print - white gesso on black paper, with acrylic inks added when dry


 Design layout, lino block and some of the finished cards
Close-up of the finished image - "Three Kings"

No comments:

Post a Comment