Monday 20 April 2020

Glued spine instructions

Someone was asking me about the glued spine book I posted a few days ago.  Although it is quite a simple structure, it is not so easy to explain.  I have made a short video which I hope will help.  It is preferable to make up pairs of pages then go on to glue the pairs together to complete your book. Here I have used some scrapbooking paper.

With your first page make a fold on the lefthand edge (I have allowed 3/4" or 20 mm), turn it towards the back.    On the second page, using the same allowance, make your fold and turn to the front.  Tuck your second page into the fold of the first, only glueing the fold of page 2 to the body of page 1, i.e. leaving the 3/4" fold of page 1 free.

Once all your page pairs are completed, they can be joined by glueing the free flap of the first set to the front of the next pair, and so on.  All clear so far?


In the video below, I have used paper clips in place of glue.




No comments:

Post a Comment