Wednesday 2 September 2020

Garden concertina book

In an earlier post, I displayed my sketch for this concertina book.

I transferred the basic layout onto Bockingford hot pressed watercolour paper (30" x 7"), added fine liner pen details then watercolour washes.  I was pleased with the watercolour, but there was something not quite right and it was a while before I realised the outbuilding looked far too large compared to the rest of the drawing. Time for a rethink.

A couple of coats of gesso and another of white acrylic eventually allowed me to redraw the offending building and adjust the adjacent features.  However, in order to integrate this repainted area with the rest I had to add some acrylic in other parts of the image.

For the front cover I used part of a map of the area.











No comments:

Post a Comment