Saturday 13 February 2021

World Book Night 2021

I have submitted a small piece for the exhibition and exchange organised for World Book Night 2021, entitled The Herbarium.

The subject - a flower (related to a poem, book or text) - could be made with paper, fabric, collage, drawn, printed or photographic, but measure no more than 8 x 8 cm (just over 3" square).  I used a cut-down version of the paper cast which decorated my artist's book about our local Snakes Head Fritillary Nature Reserve.  Fortunately, I still had a piece of the painted paper used on the cover of that book; this was glued to mount board to provide a sturdy base, plus the required means of hanging.



More details about the original artist's book can be seen here and here (scroll down in my Book Binding page).



No comments:

Post a Comment