Wednesday 17 March 2021

Collagraph on fabric

As lockdown continues, I have taken part in another venture.  A local printmaker and a couple of her art colleagues started a quilt project, calling for artists to make a small 4" square collagraph plate which would be printed on fabric, then stitched into, with entries eventually being combined into a quilt.  This has proved so popular that they have already received over 400 squares which have been made up into five quilted panels, with a sixth quilt now in the making.

Details of the project can be found on Sue Brown's blog.

I have only done one trial collagraph plate before, which was not a success, but I was willing to give it another go and kept it fairly simple.


My plate on the left, the printed fabric on the right


My printed fabric and the plate were returned to me last week and I have already started on the sewing. I will post an image of the finished square before I post it back to Sue.  Arrangements are being made to display the panels in various locations once lockdown restrictions are relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment