Monday 9 August 2021

Moleskine doodling

In the main, I have used my watercolour Moleskine books for experimenting, trying out new materials etc.    I must admit I haven't used my latest version much at all this year.  However, after watching a recent video tutorial by Tracy Weinzappel I was tempted to try a bolder approach to a technique I have often used in the past.

I taped off an area of my page, liberally coated it with water and then randomly dropped in 3 or 4 watercolours, allowing them to blend at will. Once dry,  the arrangement of colours might suggest a subject or composition and here I have drawn this in a black fine liner. Several negative glazes have been added to enhance the main image.


Watercolour Moleskine, black fine liner, watercolour,
white gel pen highlights (6" x 4")

No comments:

Post a Comment