Monday 4 October 2021

Eco-dyed artist's book


 I have finally got round to utilising some of my eco-dyed papers in a handmade book.  Much of the inspiration has come from following the Instagram accounts of Sue Brown #sb.brown21 and Jo Horswill #paper_cloth_studio.

So far I have only added a few pressed leaves to some of the pages, but I might add some prints or drawings later.


The full filmed flip-through was too long to be added in its entirety, so I might re-film the second part later.

2 comments:

  1. Loved your video, the book looks great, the subtle images of the leaves and flowers diffused in the natural dye has worked really well and would make an excellent background for many applications. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela. Still learning about this eco-dyeing. These papers turned out well, but a recent attempt to get pink dye from avocado skins and stones was disappointing - back to the recipe book! (Although not sure I want to overdose on the avocados....)

      Delete