Thursday 10 March 2022

Fabric book

In recent weeks, I have concentrated more on stitching than sketching.  I thought it was time to gather together some of the small embroidery samples I had completed over lockdown and was inspired by the work of textile artist Frances Pickering to attempt a fabric book.


The cover fabric was painted using fluid acrylics, with the addition to the closure of machine and hand stitch, collaged fabric and tissue, plus some pen drawing. The inside pages were of tea dyed calico.

Cover and closure painted calico -
size approx. 5" x 7"
















2 comments:

  1. Thanks Helen. I enjoyed making this book, but it took me much longer than making my painted paper creations. I tried to follow your link to your Daily Paint Works page, but it doesn't seem to work - are you still listed there?

    ReplyDelete