Saturday 16 July 2022

More sewing explorations


A while ago, I was gifted some upholstery samples, but was not quite sure at the time how I would utilise them.  Having seen on Pinterest that "snippet rolls" are quite popular, this seemed to be something I could pick up and work on in small pockets of time.  The only pre-planning was to measure and cut my base fabric (some curtain lining) which, after hemming, was 4" wide by 44" long.  I started by collaging small sections of the sample fabrics, machine stitching in place and adding hand embroidery and other embellishments before deciding how to lay out the next section.

I have yet to decide whether I will keep it as a roll or finish it off as a wall-hanging.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. Not sure where my needles will lead me next!

      Delete