Monday 24 October 2022

More textile explorations

I was recently gifted "The Quilting Arts Book" (author Patricia Bolton) - a friend's charity shop find.

One of the chapters suggested using Caran D'Ache Neocolour II water-soluble crayons for painting on fabric* - definitely a prompt for experimentation.

I had no particular project in mind, so tried printing with these crayons on a scrap of old sheeting.  Add to this some wadding, another attempt at free-motion sewing on my machine, followed by hand embroidery and I had a small piece of fabric which I felt was worth taking further.  Lined with another off-cut, stiffened with some canvas and I ended up with this tiny container.

* Although ironed to help set the colours, I doubt they would withstand washing.

Fabric container approx 3.5" tall


No comments:

Post a Comment