Saturday 21 October 2023

More textile explorations

 Last month I posted an image of the front of a recent fabric book.  I can now show the rest of it.

Because this was a practice piece, trying out different techniques for applying paint and pattern to the fabric, no specific thought was given to the overall design.  When I decided to turn it into a book there was one printed image that didn't tie in well with the theme of dragonflies, butterflies and flora, so the pocket was designed to cover that up.  A pocket needs something in it, hence the mulberry paper lavender bag!

Unsure about adding traditional type pages, I used up a couple of small embroideries as flaps.  I'm not sure that idea was the best, but I can always rethink the format at a later stage.



The front

The back, with small pocket and mulberry paper lavender bag








No comments:

Post a Comment