Monday 4 July 2016

Painted papers booklet

Here is my attempt at the glued spine book mentioned in my previous post.  I had several off-cuts of hand-printed and painted paper, which were roughly the same size, so used these for the pages, utilising smaller oddments for pockets or collaged decoration.  My effort is nowhere near as neat as Pat's, but once I had managed to get my head round the sequence of folds and gluing, it proved fairly easy to complete.  I strengthened the back and front pages by using a double thickness of paper.  It produces quite a sturdy little book which opens flat, as well as allowing for the addition of collaged items.

Size approximately 4" x 5"

Pocket with cast paper addition
A foam stamped background with collaged linocut flower

A paste grain scrap becomes a tiny envelope


No comments:

Post a Comment