Monday 24 December 2018

Christmas Greetings

Wishing you all a Joyful Christmas and a Peaceful New Year

Lino print on book page, coloured with Inktense pencils, gel pens and
silver acrylic ink.
Christmas Greetings - computer print over ink sponged paper


This is not quite how my card for this year was envisioned.  My plan was for a simple rectangular lino print, using thin paper which could then be adhered to an A6 card.

I made the mistake of not leaving enough of a border on the lino block which meant it didn't ink up cleanly and I wasn't really happy with the design either.  Rather than start again, I decided to use just the image of the bird and bauble, so I cut away most of the lino background and printed onto book pages. It would have been nice to have either some Christmassy text or sheet music of carols, but I made do with what I had on hand.

Lots of hand colouring, cutting and collaging.  I think I made just under 30 in total.





First attempt - lino block and print


No comments:

Post a Comment