Monday 10 December 2018

Folded pocket book

A friend sent me a link to this book structure and suggested I try it out.

I must admit I was a bit confused by photograph no. 7 in the instructions and my first attempt was a bit sloppy.  However, I was using A4 paper so altered the top fold measurement (see Item 4) to 30 mm instead of 1.5".  Also, photos 7 and 8 show fairly widely cut out triangles, so I reduced the width of mine to make for a neater fit when the pages are slotted together.

Centre slot to be cut out of half the pages

Triangles at head and tail to be cut out of the other half of the pages
Thick paper would be difficult to manipulate and I only used three pages - 2 with triangles cut from top and bottom, one with the centre slot.  This made a book measuring 3" x 3.5", with 12 triangular pockets and 6 hidden pockets,

This was my second attempt, just using plain paper so I could check out my revised measurements.  As a cover I wrapped a bit of coloured paper round the whole structure, slotting it into the front and back pockets, finishing off by sticking a band of paper along the bottom edge.



For my third attempt, I sponged colour on both sides of the paper, but haven't worried about a cover as yet.



2 comments:

  1. That looks pretty interesting and certainly worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charne. I'm thinking I might make it into a tiny photo album for a new great grandchild.

    ReplyDelete