Tuesday 18 June 2019

Boots and shoes

The subject of yesterday's art society's two hour evening workshop was "boots and shoes" in any medium.  I must admit it was not a subject I found particularly appealing so I tried to think of a more challenging way of approaching it, other than just producing a drawing or painting.

During the afternoon I made a lino-cut of a trainer, this was then printed onto various patterned and hand-painted papers to be cut up and collaged in varying combinations during the evening session.  The white prints were made with gesso, but were not showing up well on some of the papers so I decided to do some in black.  I was going to use black gesso, but picked up water soluble block printing colour by mistake and, despite a session with the hairdryer, these were not fully dry by the evening.  However, with care and a supply of baby wipes to hand, I managed to produce a reasonable image without smudging too much black ink everywhere.


The lino-cut is approx. 5" long




No comments:

Post a Comment