Friday 1 January 2021

Lockdown embroidery

Having tried my hand at a number of small, randomly sized embroidery pieces, I thought it was time I went forward with some plan in mind.   

In July 2019 I made a paper fabric slipcase for my mini iPad.  Needless to say, it is in constant daily use and is now beginning to show signs of wear on the outside edges.  So, my next effort will be an embroidered patchwork concoction.  I had some leftover black cotton material which I have cut into 4" squares, planning my sewn designs to fit approximately into a 2.5" square area.  I'm using a pale pastel pencil to draw on the fabric, although this does tend to rub off easily before the sewing is finished.

I will need 12 individual squares in total.  Here is progress so far:



2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! These are looking great already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Charne. I also got a fabulously bright lamp with magnifier for Christmas which is a boon for working on dark winter days.

    ReplyDelete