Tuesday 2 July 2019

Mini collages



A couple of years ago I made a book of mini-collages using pages from some tiny sample pads sent to me by Hahnemuehle.  That book can be seen here.

Winding down after framing three paintings for my local art group's exhibition later this month, I wanted to play around with another set of small collages, using up some painted paper scraps, sketchbook scribblings and left over lino prints.  It was a conscious decision to start with a floral theme, but I hadn't particularly planned the pink colour scheme which seems to have taken over!

The pages are 3" x 4", cartridge/drawing paper I think, which I have primed with gesso on both sides to make them a bit sturdier.  Once I have enough pages I will probably make another little book to display them in.


No comments:

Post a Comment