Monday 22 June 2020

Needle and thread

My sketchbook seems to have given way to needle and thread over these last few weeks.  When tidying up my studio I found a piece of embroidery I started quite a few years ago, so it seemed a good time to make the effort to finish it (see this post). Since then I have tried to neaten up some basic stitches as well as trying new ones and in the process have ended up with several small samples.  Not sure what I am going to do with them,  maybe the basis for a fabric book?  We'll see - in the meantime, I am enjoying spending the odd hour exploring the world of stitch.


Each sample is only about 2" square
Each sample is about 2" square

In some instances I have drawn out my design with Inktense pencils, but I have also used felt-tip fabric pens and one started off as a lino print on fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment