Tuesday 5 May 2020

More stitching

Embroidery - something I haven't really done in ages, but on my grand tidy-up I found this small piece with only the large central flower started.  Some 20 years ago I had booked myself on a day course which involved using fabric paints to transfer our own design onto our material, using that as a guide for subsequent stitching.  I had imagined the course was going to be more about the painting so I lost interest and put the work aside.  However, with lock down time on my hands I decided to pick it up again and found it quite therapeutic to spend the occasional hour with needle and thread trying to recall the various embroidery stitches I once used.

Now it's finished, I am not sure what I am going to do with it, but it has renewed my interest and there is certainly a vast range of unusual and inspiring work being done by textile artists today.
This site has a wealth of information on the subject.

Approximately 6" square

No comments:

Post a Comment