Friday 1 May 2020

More stitched leaves

I have spent a day and a half attempting to tidy and reorganise my art room - although there's still way too much clutter and "stuff" I have saved which "might come in handy one day"!  I've found bits I'd forgotten I had and re-read cards and letters too special to throw away.

I have not finished the spring clean yet but I did snatch a few minutes to try out some more stitched leaves.  This time I used old book pages, the machining was done first, then I washed over them with acrylic ink; as I wasn't keen on the slightly plastic appearance of my first attempt, I added the Modge Podge to the reverse this time, making sure I covered the stitching as well.  I brushed a little water outside the stitching lines which made the tearing easier.




No comments:

Post a Comment